Lake Winnipesaukee 2001
22nd Annual Great Rotary
Ice Fishing Derby FEB 2nd, 3rd, & 4th
Rules for Friday Event
Registration Form - UPDATED FOR 2001
Sponsored by The Rotary Club of Meredith, NH
NEW DERBY PLANS FOR 2001!
Weighin Board - Meredith,New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee
This year the fee is $25. There's a little twist in the running of the derby.
Thanks to NESportsman.com for the updated Information on the 2001 Winni Ice Derby!
NESportsman.com - New Englands Premier Source for Hunting and Fishing Events, Tournaments and Information!
Click for Last year's derby coverage (From NESportsman.com)
2001 Derby Prizes
1. The heaviest Meredith
Rotary-Tagged Rainbow Trout wins an 19'- Sea Fox Fishing Boat -
powered by a 115hp Johnson motor and galvanized trailer. VALUE
2. The second heaviest Meredith Rotary-Tagged Rainbow Trout wins a 14' Princecraft Fisherman-complete with a 15hp Johnson outboard motor and galvanized trailer. $5,300
3. The third heaviest Meredith Rotary-Tagged Rainbow Trout wins: $1,000
4. The five heaviest Lake Trout, Yellow Perch, White Perch, Pickerel, and Cusk will be hung on the board for prizes of $100, $90, $80, $70, and $60 on both Saturday and Sunday. Total: $4,000
5. The ten heaviest Untagged Rainbow Trout on Saturday and Sunday will be hung on the board for prizes of $150, $140, $130, $120, $110, $100, $90, $80, $70, and $60. Total: $2,100
6. The ten heaviest Tagged Rainbow Trout - other than the top three prizes will each win $150. Total: $1,500
7. $500 for the heaviest fish in each category other than Rainbow Trout boarded on Saturday or Sunday. (Awarded Sunday at 4:00 PM). Total: $2,500
8. Rotary Rainbow Trout Trophy Award: (The heaviest Untagged Rainbow Trout of the Derby) $1,000
9. Saturday and Sunday boarded fish drawing. Saturday 4:00 PM $1,000 - Sunday 4:00 PM $1,000
10. 15 Minute Ticket Stub Drawing for $100; 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM Saturday and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Sunday
11. Saturday's Rotary Derby Ticket "Grand Drawing". $5,000
12. Sunday's Rotary Derby Ticket "Grand Drawing" $5,000
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE: $53,495
2001 General Information
1. As part of its ongoing rainbow stocking program, Meredith Rotary commits over fifteen thousand dollars per year for rainbow stocking and related activities.
2. At the request of NH Fish and Game Department, Bass and Brown Trout will no longer be entered in this derby.
3. For multiple orders, please duplicate this form for each entrant.
4. Mail order sales will be returned by first class mail.
5. Mail orders received after January 26th will be held at Derby Headquarters for pickup upon arrival.
6. All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be made.
7. Over the past three years, in consultation with the NH Fish & Game Department as part of their ongoing fisheries management plan, Meredith Rotary has stocked Meredith Rotary-tagged rainbow trout in the following lakes: Bow; Moore Reservoir; Francis; Little Squam; Mascoma; Massabesic; Ossipee; Waukewan; Wentworth; Winnipesaukee; and Winnisquam.
8. Because Lake Waukewan is the water supply for the Town of Meredith, the State of New Hampshire has adopted a law prohibiting motor vehicles from driving on the ice.
9. Littering of any NH lake is a violation of State Law. Please carry out any trash you carry in.
2001 DERBY Rules
VERY IMPORTANT FISHING LAW CHANGES:
NH 1st In Nation to Ban Lead Sinkers -- NH drops 2 to 3% of it's Loon population each year to lead poisoning from lead weights and jigs! They eat the lead with pebbles and gravel to grind up their food. Buying steel sinkers is a small price to pay for the preservation of the loons in NH! As of January 1st, 2000 there will be NO LEAD WEIGHTS 1 ounce or less allowed on NH waters!
NO BASS ALLOWED IN ICE FISHING DERBIES! DO NOT BRING ANY TO WEIGH IN!
AND At the request of the NH Fish & Game Department:
NO BROWN TROUT WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS DERBY!
2001 Winnipesaukee Ice Fishing Derby Rules
1.MINIMUM LENGTH ON RAINBOW TROUT IS 15 INCHES.
No Rainbow Trout under 15 or Lake Trout under 24" may be
entered in the Derby. MINIMUM WEIGHT OF YELLOW AND WHITE PERCH
SHALL BE 1 1/4LBS.
2. The fish registration deadline for Friday is 4:00 PM, Saturday 4:00 PM and Sunday 3:30 PM Sunday. FISH MAY NOT BE REGISTERED ON FRIDAY FOR SATURDAY'S BOARD AND MAY NOT BE REGISTERED ON SATURDAY FOR SUNDAY'S BOARD.
3. Fish must be legally and freshly caught Saturday or Sunday from any fresh NH waters by a ticket holder. A ticket and a valid NH fishing license will be required for identification when entering fish or claiming a prize. Weight at time of entry determines winners. In case of a tie, length shall determine winners. Earliest entry is the final tie-breaker. Anglers entering fish eligible for prizes of $500 or more will be required to sign an affidavit, under penalty of perjury, certifying the date, time, lake and person catching the fish. NOTE: By NH law, any person assisting in any way an unlicensed young angler must possess a valid NH fishing license.
4. Fish to be entered must be free of all matter such as snow, ice, lines, hooks, weights, etc. Meredith Rotary reserves the right to open or x-ray any fish.
5. Entered fish become the property of the Derby. All registered fish will be retained until 4:30 PM Sunday. Anglers may request the return of these fish after that time. Fish not reclaimed by 5:00 PM Sunday will be given away. The Derby will not be responsible for the condition of fish when returned.
6. Only Rainbow Trout tagged for the Meredith Rotary Club are eligible for tagged fish prizes. Tags must be complete, attached, legible, and authenticated by Derby officials. Any signs of tampering will result in disqualification.
7.Rotary and Derby officials are not liable for any injury or loss of life or property. Always be wary of thin ice.
8. All anglers must comply with NH Fish and Game laws. Salmon cannot be taken through the ice. Release fish caught on cusk lines other than cusk. THIS IS THE LAW.
9. The use of lead weights is now a violation of NH State Law.
10. If no Meredith Rotary-Tagged trout are entered, then the heaviest three untagged Rainbow Trout will be the grand prize winners. Should insufficient number of tagged Rainbow Trout be entered to cover the top three prizes, then the top prizes will be awarded to the tagged Rainbow Trout first, with untagged Rainbow Trout winning the remaining prizes in descending order of weight.
11. ALL PARTICIPANTS HEREBY ACCEPT THESE RULES. IN THE INTERPRETATION OF RULES AND THE SETTLE-MENT OF DISPUTES, THE DECISION OF THE DERBY JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING.
fishing licenses and refreshments are available at Derby
Headquarters. Tickets are $25 per person and are good for both
days. Tickets sold after 12 Noon Saturday, February 3rd will be
eligible for ticket stub drawing prizes only.
Phone: (603) 279-7600
Derby Headquarters in Hesky Park near junction of Routes 3 & 25, Meredith, NH
2001 RULES FOR EXPANDED FRIDAY EVENT
2001 RULES FOR
EXPANDED FRIDAY EVENT
1. FISH REGISTRATION IS OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING SPECIES: CUSK, PICKEREL, WHITE PERCH AND YELLOW PERCH.
2. YELLOW AND WHITE PERCH MUST WEIGH A MINIMUM OF 11/4 LBS. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY IN THE DERBY.
3. REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 12:00 PM ON FRI-DAY AND ENDS AT 4:00 PM.
4. FISH ENTERED ON FRIDAY ARE NOT ELIGI-BLE FOR PRIZES ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
5. FISH MUST BE LEGALLY AND FRESHLY CAUGHT ON FRIDAY FROM ANY FRESH NH WATERS BY A TICKET HOLDER. A TICKET AND A VALID NH FISHING LICENSE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR IDENTIFICATION WHEN ENTERING FISH OR CLAIMING A PRIZE. WEIGHT AT TIME OF ENTRY DETERMINES WINNER. IN CASE OF A TIE, LENGTH SHALL DETERMINE WINNERS. EARLIEST ENTRY IS THE FINAL TIE-BREAKER. NOTE: BY NH LAW, ANY PERSON ASSISTING IN ANY WAY AN UNLICENSED YOUNG ANGLER MUST P0SSESS A VALID NH FISHING LICENSE.
6. ENTERED FISH BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE DERBY. ALL REGISTERED FISH WILL BE RETAINED UNTIL 4:30 PM SUNDAY.
7. ROTARY AND DERBY OFFICIALS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY OR LOSS OF LIFE OR PROPERTY
8. ALL ANGLERS MUST COMPLY WITH NH FISH AND GAME LAWS. SALMON CANNOT BE TAKEN THROUGH THE ICE. RELEASE FISH CAUGHT ON CUSK LINES OTHER THAN CUSK-THIS IS THE LAW!
9. FRIDAY FISH ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FRIDAY BOARDED FISH PRIZES ONLY.
10. THE FIVE HEAVIEST FISH IN EACH CATEGORY WILL BE AWARDED $100, $90, $80, $70 AND $60 ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
2001 Registration Form
Click on form to go to a page to print it out, then mail it to:
ROTARY FISHING DERBY
PO BOX 1210
MEREDITH, NH 03253
MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE JANUARY 26TH 2001
ANY RECEIVED AFTER THAT MAY BE PICKED UP AT DERBY HEADQUARTERS!
Check Out Country Pond Fish & Game--The next derby on the trail!
NH Fish and Game Department
NH Wildlife Federation Home Page
Country Pond Fish and Game Club Page
Salmon Unlimited---Ice Fishing Report
The US Coast Guard -- Office of Boating Safety Home Page
PROJECT ACCESS..handicapped-accessible Fishing
Kittery Trading Post : Homepage
Anglers On Line
The Ice Fishing Home Page - Your One Stop Ice Fishing Resource Site
Welcome to Outdoor Life
' Designed by Bowana.
Copyright © 1998-2002 All rights reserved.
Information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Other products and companies referred to herein are trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark holders.
send comments to The Webmaster
Back To NH
Last revised: May 03, 2003.